Hello and Welcome to my pottery marks blog. Simply due to alot of time wasted on-line searching marks and dates for pottery I have decided to set up a simple blog with as many pottery marks and dates as I possibly can, putting all potters marks and information in one easy to access web-space. Please follow my post to the right for information about the marks I have reviewed for the blog. I will update daily in between nappy changes and feeds. Please send me all your potters marks and info to my queries email address retrovintique@live.co.uk were I will sort through them and post them here on my blog. This is going to take the best part of a year to complete without anyone's help:( So please bear with me.

Authors Notes

The Potteries of Stoke-on-Trent is a unique city in England.

It is made up of six distinct towns: Tunstall, Burslem, Hanley, Stoke, Fenton and lngton - collectively known as "THE POTTERIES".

Saturday 8 December 2012

Lord Nelson Ware

Lord Nelson Ware started life in Hanley,Staffordshire with the name Elijah Cotton (Ltd) of which can be dated to 1880 but can be dated back to 1758 if you speak with the right people.

They invented the brand "Nelson Ware" in about 1913 and then the term 'Lord Nelson Ware' appeared around the 1950's of which also could be earlier.

With Lord Nelson Pottery a crown was added to some of their marks in 1956.

Marks such as: 8-70 probably means it was produced in August 1970.

Marks such as: #82 may well be the shape number.

The best keywords to use when searching for info on nelson pottery is Nelson Ware, Lord Nelson Ware & of coarse Elijah Cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment